If you wish to order an item for your research, please email the information for that order (company name, item number, description, location of delivery, and price of each item) to Irene Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most items can be purchased via purchasing card, which is similar to a credit card but tied to The Graduate School budget rather than to an individual. Purchases that cannot be made via purchasing card will be ordered via purchase order online within five days of receiving your information.
Sometimes it might be more prudent or timely for the grant recipient’s academic department to make purchases on behalf of the grant recipient. In this case, The Graduate School will reimburse the department for the expense via standard Business & Finance procedures.
Keep the following tips in mind when making your purchasing decisions:
- Comparison shop to ensure you are getting the most for your grant dollars.
- Confirm prices where appropriate; ask for quotes in writing.
- For travel requests, please consider the least expensive mode of travel, e.g., auto rental vs. mileage for your personal vehicle.
- Check with suppliers to ensure there are no restrictions or limitations on your purchase, e.g., vehicle rental for those under age 25.
- GVSU policy prohibits purchase or reimbursement of gift cards, checks, or cash when used as incentives for human subject participation. Items of little value, such as coffee mugs or key chains, may be used.
To receive reimbursement, all receipts, along with a completed travel and expense voucher, must be submitted to The Graduate School within thirty days from the final date of the grant, as stated in the award letter.
Travel and expense vouchers can be found on the GVSU Business & Finance web pages. Reimbursement documents should be sent to The Graduate School, attention, Irene Fountain, 318C DeVos Center, for reimbursement of expenses.