Admissions for Clinical Dietetics, M.S.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Submission of all required admission materials, including:
- Completed graduate application for admission
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (unless you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official copies of transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended. Transcripts must be sent from those institutions directly to the GVSU Admissions Office. NOTE: We do not require official transcripts from Grand Valley
- Test scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) for applicants whose native language is not English. Only original score reports will be accepted.
Applicants must meet University Requirements, as well as the Program Requirements specific to the Track for which the application is made.
University Requirements (required for all applicants)
GVSU Clinical Dietetics requires all prerequisite courses to be completed with LETTER (A, B, C) or NUMERICAL (4.0, 3.0, 2.0) grades. Prerequisite courses completed with Pass/Fail or Credit/No credit will not fulfill the program’s admissions requirements.
There are prerequisites to the Clinical Dietetics M.S. program that MUST be met before applying. Please review before applying to ensure that you meet the requirements.
- The GRE is not required to qualify for the Clinical Dietetics M.S. program
Timeline for application review: Review of applications begins the week of January 15.
Early submission is highly recommended.
Application reviews, notification of interviews, and interviews begin January 15th and continue until all 27 seats are filled.
Program Requirements - Track A
In addition to the University requirements for admission, all students seeking a degree through Track A of the Clinical Dietetics, M.S. program must also meet the following requirements:
- Grade point average of 3.0 (B) from all undergraduate coursework or a satisfactory score on the GRE
- Personal statement of career goals and background experiences, including an explanation of how this program will help achieve educational and professional objectives
- Recommendations: Two professional or academic recommendations received online, addressing the candidate's potential for graduate study completion. You will provide the emails of two references in your account at www.gvsu.edu/gradapply, and they will be sent a link to fill out for their online recommendation
- Personal interview
- Verification statement from an ACEND accredited undergraduate program OR all prerequisite courses completed: General Biology, Statistics, Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biological Chemistry* or Organic & Biochemistry*, Microbiology with Lab, Basic Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition* or Advanced Nutrition* or Medical Nutrition Therapy*, Community Nutrition, Nutrition in the Life Cycle, Food Production & Kitchen Management or Serve Safe Manager certification. *Class must be completed with a 2.7 (B-) or better.
- Successful completion of all Track A pre-requisite courses
STATISTICS OF PREVIOUSLY ADMITTED STUDENTS:
- Minimum GPA for students accepted into the program. 2.982
- Average GPA for students accepted into the program. 3.449
- Highest GPA for a student accepted into the program. 3.968