Energy, Heating & Cooling
Energy Saving Tips
Wasting energy wastes our budget! See below for some great energy savings tips!
- Turn off your lights! Many offices have plenty of outside light for work!
- Turn off other lights! If you find an empty room - turn out the lights.
- Prevent energy loss by keeping exterior doors closed.
- Wear layers of clothing appropriate for the season.
- Close your window blinds at night to retain building heat and block out the cold.
- Report dripping faucets to Facilities Services - Put in a work order!
Computers & Office Equipment
- Turn off equipment when you leave i.e. computers, monitors, printers, fax & copiers.
- Activate energy sleep mode on computers and copiers.
- Did you know that ink-jets use 95% less energy than laser printers??
- Use the "print preview" option to find errors before printing (saves paper too!).
- Unplug appliances - microwaves, coffee pots, etc. Many use energy even when switched off.
Other ways to save
- Ride the Bus! Saves money too!
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle!
- Report problems such as water leaks & temperature extremes - Put in a work order!
Do you have ideas about ways to save energy at GVSU? Let us know!