Dr. Dondzila - Research
Relationships between physical activity, chronic diseases, and physical functioning
Mediating factors to physical activity adoption and maintenance
Physical activity measurement technologies
- Dondzila, C.J. and Van Doren, E. (2019). An Interdisciplinary Framework for Impacting Older Adults’ Health and Physical Activity. Iris Journal of Nursing and Care. 2(2).
- Dondzila, C.J. and Glass, S. (2019). Currency for Retirement: Investing in Physical Capital. American College of Sports Medicine’s Health & Fitness Journal. 23(5): 34-38.
- Dondzila, C.J., Lewis, C.A, Lopez, J.R.*, Parker, T.M. (2018). Congruent Accuracy of Wrist-Worn Activity Trackers During Controlled and Free-Living Conditions. International Journal of Exercise. 11(7): 575-584.
- Dondzila, C.J., Perry, C., and Bornstein, D. (2017). Enhancing support for physical activity in older adults: A public health call to action. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 0(0): 1-4.
- Dondzila, C.J. & Garner D.P. (2016). Comparative accuracy of fitness tracking modalities in quantifying energy expenditure. Journal of Medical Engineering and Technology, 40(6): 325-329.
- Dondzila, C.J., Swartz, A.M., Keenan, K.G., Harley, A.E., Azen, R., and Strath, S.J. (2016). Translating exercise interventions to an in-home setting for seniors: preliminary impact on physical activity and function. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 28(6): 1227-1235.
- Dondzila, C.J., Swartz, A.M., Azen, R., and Strath, S.J. (2014). Geospatial Relationships between Awareness and Utilization of Community Exercise Resources and Physical Activity Levels in Older Adults. Journal of Aging Research, Article ID 302690
- Dondzila, C.J., Cieslik, L.J., Swartz, A.M., Tarima, S.S., Gennuso, K.P., Lenz, E.K., and Strath, S.J. (2014). Dose-Response Walking Activity and Physical Function in Older Adults. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 23(2): 194-199.
- Dondzila, C.J., Swartz, A.M., Miller, N.E., Lenz, E.K., and Strath, S.J. (2012). Validity of Uploadable Pedometers in Laboratory, Overground, and Free-Living Conditions in Young and Older Adults. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 9: 143.
- Strath, S.J., Greenwald, M.J., Isaacs, R., Hart, T.L., Lenz, E.K., Dondzila, C.J. and Swartz, A.M. (2012). Measured and perceived environmental characteristics are related to accelerometer defined physical activity in older adults. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 9:40.