How to Join
TRIO Educational Talent Search can serve persons in Kent and Ottawa counties who:
- Are low-income and/or potential first-generation college students (custodial parent[s] did not graduate from a 4-year college or university)
- Are interested in attending or returning to a 4-year college or university
- Are U.S. citizens or have permanent residency status
- Have completed the 5th grade or at least 11 years of age
- Have college potential (2.0 GPA or other assessment tool) -- Grade reports, test scores, attendance records, or counselor recommendations may be requested.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, we invite you to fill out our program application below.
A paper version of the form is also available in both English and Spanish. Contact our office coordinator at [email protected] if you wish to receive a paper copy of the form.
TRIO Talent Search Program Application (2022-2023)
First priority for admittance will be given to students in low-income households whose parents or guardians have not completed a 4-year college degree, and who currently attend one of our target middle schools or high schools. Other applicants may be considered if spaces are still available.
There is no time limit to complete this form, but your progress will
not be saved if you leave this page partway through.
In order to complete it, you will need the following information:
- Phone numbers for 2 emergency contacts other than a parent/guardian
- Your grade point average (GPA)
- Your household's taxable income from the previous year's tax forms
* denotes a required field