Services & Eligibility
Project services include:
- Academic and career advising
- Assistance completing admissions and financial aid applications
- Scholarship information
- Fee waivers for college admission applications, SAT, and GED tests (must be income-eligible)
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- College visits and campus tours, cultural field trips
- Referrals to other agencies/programs
- Tutoring referral
- Referrals to GED completion programs
- Referral to financial literacy programs
- College prep awareness activities
TRIO Educational Talent Search can serve persons in Kent and Ottawa counties who:
- Are low-income and/or first-generation college students (custodial parent[s] did not graduate from a 4-year college or university)
- Are interested in attending or returning to a 4-year college or university
- Are in target schools (priority given)
- Are U.S. citizens or have permanent residency status
- Have completed the 5th grade or at least 11 years of age
- Have college potential (2.0 GPA or other assessment tool) -- Grade reports, test scores, attendance records, or counselor recommendations may be requested.
- Ask a TRIO ETS advisor or the TRIO ETS office for an application.
- Return a completed application to your TRIO ETS advisor, your school office, or the TRIO ETS office.
- You will be contacted by your TRIO ETS advisor or receive a letter in the mail regarding your status. If you have completed your application and do not know your status, please call our office at 331-7110.
- Students at target schools who are low-income and first generation in grades 6th-12th are given first priority for entrance into the program. Others will be considered if the program is not filled to capacity.
Target Schools Include:
- Burton Middle School
- Godwin Heights Middle School
- Riverside Middle School
- Westwood Middle School
- Wyoming Junior High School
- Southwest Middle/High School
- Innovation Central High School
- Godwin Heights High School
- Ottawa Hills High School
- Union High School
- Wyoming High School
510 Fulton Street West, Grand Rapids, MI 49504-6495
Phone (616) 331-7110; Fax (616) 331-7115