Grand Valley is one of the world’s leading universities in terms of the depth and breadth of integration accomplished in the classroom. To achieve a cross-functional approach, The Seidman ERP Program has developed a central teaching case focused around Global Bike, Incorporated (GBI), a small bicycle manufacturing/wholesale company. This case is the foundation for many exercises used in numerous courses in various academic majors within the Seidman College of Business, that integrate the different functional areas within the company with a focus on executing business processes. GBI’s organizational and master data have been populated in the market-leading ERP software package, SAP ERP. Currently, Seidman ERP Program curriculum can be found in over 54 class sections, across all business majors, impacting over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students at Grand Valley. Worldwide, the GBI teaching case is estimated to be in use in more than 400 universities in over 40 countries and the GBI SAP ERP system has over 100,000 active users annually.
Why Is SAP (ERP) Important?
SAP® is the market leader in enterprise resource planning software, data analytics, cloud based solutions, database integration, and mobility management; supporting organizations of all sizes and industries by developing innovations that help customers run at their best by generating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
Why Study MIS At GVSU?
- Current and emerging technologies are integrated into courses to provide unique experiential learning.
- Faculty members have a combination of academic accomplishment and professional experience and represent a variety of backgrounds in the field.
- Local and international companies recruit students from the program for paid internships and entry-level positions.
- The program is well regarded and offers highly marketable skills.
- Students take upper-division courses in the heart of an exciting business environment in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.