Open Access Publishing Support Program
- Enables GVSU authors to publish scholarly work in open access journals, by providing grants for up to $2,000 of open access publication fees.
To view or print PDF version of this information, click:Download
Any current GVSU tenure-track, visiting, affiliate and adjunct faculty, staff, and currently registered graduate students apply.
- Up to a maximum award of $2,000.
- An individual author may apply for up to $2,000 in grant funding per fiscal year (July – June).
- Publication costs must be directly associated with making an article openly available. Costs for reprints, color illustration fees, page charges, and other fees are not eligible.
- Note: the University Libraries are not able to process reimbursements for this fund.
Accepted any time during the academic year.
Apply online through MyApps, click: Apply Here
Types of Publications
- Funding is available for newly published (within the past six months), peer reviewed articles in open access journals that charge a publication fee.
- Articles must be made freely available on the web at the time of initial publication, with no embargo period.
- Eligible journals must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or meet the DOAJ’s selection criteria.