Open Access Publishing Support Program
Eligibility and Funding Limitations
Eligibility: Any current GVSU tenure-track, visiting, affiliate and adjunct faculty, staff, and currently registered graduate students apply.
- Up to a maximum award of $2,000.
- An individual author may apply for up to $2,000 in grant funding per fiscal year (July – June).
- Publication costs must be directly associated with making an article openly available. Costs for reprints, color illustration fees, page charges, and other fees are not eligible.
- Note: the University Libraries are not able to process reimbursements for this fund.
Accepted any time during the academic year. Apply online through MyApps.
Types of Publications
- Funding is available for newly published (within the past six months), peer reviewed articles in open access journals that charge a publication fee.
- Articles must be made freely available on the web at the time of initial publication, with no embargo period.
- Eligible journals must be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or meet the DOAJ’s selection criteria.
For more information on Open Access Publishing Support please see University Libraries.