The curriculum guides for the Comprehensive Science and Arts for Teaching (CSAT) major have been developed by Grand Valley's College of Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Center. They will give you a general idea of how the program is structured, including the order in which courses should be completed.
The following links will provide more detailed information about the minors for endorsements in English as a Second Language and Spanish Elementary Education.
- English Department: Applied Linguistics, English as a Second Language track
College of Education
Grand Valley's College of Education website provides detailed information about the Education majors and endorsement areas, as well as the requirements for teacher certification.
- Elementary Education major (with ESL)
- Elementary Education major (with Spanish Elementary Ed.)
- Special Education major
- Special Education -- Cognitive Impairment endorsement
- Special Education -- Emotional Impairment endorsement
- Special Education -- Learning Disabilities endorsement
- Special Education -- Early Childhood Education endorsement
- Teacher Certification requirements