Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors
Support, Advocacy, & Health Options:
- The GVSU Women's Center offers a Victim Advocate who provides private and non-biased support to student survivors of gender-based violence. For more information and to view the Women's Center's sexual assault survivor options/resources click here.
- The YWCA offers crisis help, short term respite, counseling, and a nurse examiner program at no cost. Call the Sexual Assault Program 24-hour hotline 616-776-7273.
- The CWIT (Center for Women in Transition) in Holland offers nurse examinations, sexual assault case management and legal advocacy, and trauma therapy. Call 616-392-1970 or the 24-Hour Crisis Line 800-848-5991 for more information.
- Campus Health Center: 616-252-6030 Monday-Friday / 9am-5pm.
On Campus Options
- If you feel you are in danger, contact the police: CALL 911
- Contact your RA, Graduate Assistant, or Living Center Director
- Contact the University Counseling Center at 616-331-3266
(after business hours, contact your RA or Grand Valley Police Department at 616-331-3255 to access counseling)
- Contact the Women's Center Victim Advocate at 616-331-2748
- Contact the Dean of Students: 616-331-3585
Off Campus Options
- If you feel you are in danger, CALL 911
- Contact the YWCA Sexual Assault Program 24-hour hotline online or at 616-776-RAPE (7273)
- Contact the Center for Women in Transition in Holland's 24-hour hotline online or at 616-392-1970 or 1-800-848-5991
- Contact the Men's Resource Center in Grand Rapids at 616-456-1178
- Contact the GVSU Women's Center at 616-331-2748
- Contact the GVSU University Counseling Center 616-331-3266
- Contact the GVSU Dean of Students: 616-331-3585
The survivor may not want to press charges or get counseling. The YWCA Sexual Assault program or the Center for Women in Transition in Holland can check for physical injury, discuss STD prevention, emergency contraception, and collection of evidence in case the survivor changes their mind at a later date about reporting. These agencies also have staff who can discuss options and other services that are available.