Petitioning to Return After Dismissal

When you have been dismissed from Grand Valley State University, you must submit a petition to return to the Academic Review Committee if you wish to return.

As stated in the GVSU catalog, a dismissed student may apply for readmission after a period of one calendar year. Evidence of maturity and improved attitude toward academics and written support of the student's academic advisor must support the application for readmission. All appeals are considered by the Academic Review Committee and the results are communicated to the student in writing. Approval of a petition allows the student to enroll on a conditional basis, as stipulated by the Committee and enrollment status will be Jeopardy of Dismissal.

You will need to submit a petition to return together with other required materials to the Registrar's Office, 150 STU at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester in which you wish to return.


Process and Instructions

Petition to Return Form

Page last modified May 4, 2017