Michelle McCloud, M.B.A.
Title: Assistant Dean for Finance and Project Management
Office: B-4-232 MAK
Phone: (616) 331-2263
Fax: (616) 331-3675
Email: [email protected]
- Manage the fiscal operations for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the 27 departments within the college
- Work collaboratively with Business & Finance, University Budgets and Sponsored Programs (for grants) to resolve budget and accounting issues
- Work collaboratively within CLAS to develop the annual personnel, hardware and instrumentation budget requests
- Provide training and technical assistance to CLAS department leadership and staff in regards to departmental budgets and accounting practices
- Monitor and evaluate endowments and spending accounts
- Work collaboratively with departments to forecast staffing needs and required resources
- Assess and forecast overall college resource needs and work collaboratively with the Dean and Associate Deans to plan accordingly
- Assist CLAS faculty and departments with pre-award grant proposal submissions and monitor post-award grant activity and budgets
- University and CLAS policies and procedures relating to AP and PSS staff
- Managing the hiring of AP and PSS staff
- Complaints and grievances by or relating to AP and PSS staff
- Staff Roundtables
- Liaison with the Staff Advisory Committee
- Build relationships and engage in other projects as the need arises and/or as directed by the Dean
Michelle earned her MBA and her BBA in Accounting from Davenport University, is a Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) and holds certificates designated for grants management professionals. Michelle joined the GVSU family in 2006 and came to the Dean's Office after serving as the Finance Manager for the Michigan Small Business Development Center State Headquarters here at GVSU for two and a half years and almost 7 years in GVSU's Business and Finance office as a Senior Grants Accountant. Michelle also worked in finance and audit for 8 years in state government at the Michigan Department of Community Health, as well as in private industry. She is an accomplished financial professional with over 20 years of accounting and finance experience.
Michelle serves the GVSU, Grand Rapids and professional communities in many ways. She currently serves on the GVSU Black Faculty and Staff Association board and has served as the chair of the GVSU Administrative Professional Committee and other GVSU organizations. In the community, Michelle is currently a member of the Kent County Board of Commissioners Officers Compensation Committee and the City of Kentwood Zoning Board of Appeals. She has served as the president of the National Association of Black Accountants Lansing Chapter and held other leadership roles in professional organizations and within the community. Michelle is an avid organizer and enjoys gardening and traveling.