Faculty and Staff
Have a Suggestion for Innovative Collaboration?
Sometimes a great idea just needs the right partners and assistance to find the right resources. The College may be able to help. Tell us your idea on this quick online form.
Faculty Activity Report and Faculty Activity Plan
Interviews with faculty
Research Quick Links
Passion for teaching
Chris Toth – Writing
Digital Measures log in
Intercollege Support Request (Provost's website)
Acronym and Abbreviation Glossary which explains building codes, committee abbreviations, etc.
- CLAS Academic Advising Center (C-1-140 MAK, 1-8585, email@example.com)
- Electronic advising repository
- Office of Fellowships: Deadlines and other info on Rhodes, Marshall, Fulbright, Udall, Eisenhower, Truman, Gates Cambridge, etc. scholarships
- Faculty and Staff awards page covering CLAS and university awards
- Glen A. Niemeyer Award (from Provost's website)
- Fellowship award opportunities for students, upcoming workshops, advice for students (i.e. writing personal statements for nationally competitive awards), advice for faculty (i.e. writing strong letters of recommendation for nationally competitive awards) www.gvsu.edu/fellowships
Committees (CLAS) reports (see also Governance)
- Faculty Council
- Curriculum Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Faculty Development Committee
- Please use the Digital Measures "Activity Insight" on-line database program to compile and print your FAR and Faculty Activity Plan (which can be done on the final DM screen titled "Workload Planning. ).To print your Faculty Activity Plan select "Workload Plan" as a Rapid Report, or go to "Run Custom Reports," then select "Workload Plan. Login to Digital Measures
- Since 2009, the GVSU College of Liberal Arts & Sciences has had a faculty exchange agreement with an institute in Germany, the Pädagogische Hochschule in Schwäbisch Gmünd (PHSG; www.ph-gmuend.de) . The PHSG is a small university of education, with about 3000 students, that prepares teachers for elementary and non-university-preparatory secondary schools. It is located about 35 miles east of Stuttgart in the state of Baden Württemberg. The PHSG offers courses in English, Math, History, Natural and Social Sciences, Art, Music, Physical Education, Health, and Educational Psychology. Our exchange agreement has normally brought one PHSG faculty member to GVSU in the Fall, and sent one GVSU faculty member from CLAS to PHSG in Spring/Summer. The deadline for CLAS faculty applications is October 15. More information.
Please note: the Exchange for Spring 2018 is already in place. Please congratulate Brad Ambrose who will be our representative at PHSG in 2018 in order to continue his collaboration with Lutz Kasper, our colleague from PHSG who was a guest in the Physics Department in Fall of 2017.
- Areas of Faculty Expertise and Scholarly Interest
- Faculty Mentoring recommendations by Faculty Development Committee
- University Governance website
- CLAS Faculty Governance (Bylaws, Elections, Committee descriptions)
- Committee membership (see governance & election page)
For Unit Heads
Below please find links to both CLAS-specific forms tailored to our college’s needs and to the rest of the university forms you will need which are located in the Provost’s personnel workbook:
- Procedure for Transmittal of Materials
- How to Add and Remove Users
- CLAS Transmittal Forms: Electronic Submissions, Paper Submissions.
- Template for Electronic Submission of Personnel Materials to CPC
- Candidate Waiver Form
- Draft Agenda for Unit Personnel Meeting
- Report of Unit Faculty Vote
Post-Unit Personnel Meeting TT Faculty Comment Forms
Affiliate Review and Promotion
Are You Appropriately Managing Risk When Engaged in Experiential Learning Activities with your Students?
A reminder that all faculty engaged with experiential learning with students should review the risk management website for CLAS: http://www.gvsu.edu/clas/riskreduction/forms-12.htm
Proper identification of student status is important for determining insurance coverage, getting assistance with export controls, providing appropriate liability coverage, and numerous additional protections and procedures
- All programs which have students studying abroad should be run through Padnos International Center.
- Student engaged with research with faculty fall into one of four categories
a) They are enrolled in a course.
b) They are paid employees of the university (including those that are paid by an external or internal grant).
c) GVSU sanctioned group (i.e. music ensemble on tour).
d) Volunteers. Any student not part of an identified GVSU group would be a volunteer. Conferences & non-registered students doing research are two examples of volunteer students. If they are volunteers, they must follow GVSU's Volunteer policy: https://www.gvsu.edu/policies/policy.htm?policyId=1B9C1F77-95E7-FD0C-5607F0761EF4D51A&search=volunteer.
- Faculty Handbook
- CLAS and Unit Strategic Plans
- Grants Office (Office of Sponsored Programs)
- Curriculum Development System
- GVSU Catalog
- Resources for Parents who are Faculty and Staff of GVSU