Human Research Review Committee
UPDATED HRRC POLICIES ARE IN EFFECT FOR ALL NEW PROTOCOL SUBMISSIONS. Updated application forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Notable changes include:
- Students may no longer be listed as the PI on an HRRC protocol. All submissions must come from a faculty or staff member.
- A completed Conflict of Interest Disclosure and Certification Form must be submitted for each person named on the protocol.
- All persons named on the protocol are required to have documented Responsible Conduct of Research training and Human Subjects Protection training. The specific training required is dependent upon previous GVSU HRRC protocol experience.
Please see the May 03, 2017, article in the News section below for further details.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-331-3197.
The Human Research Review Committee (HRRC), an entity of the Office of Research Compliance and Integrity, ensures that the basic rights and welfare of research participants are fostered and protected. The HRRC supports researchers through its coordinated activities in education, regulatory compliance oversight, and post approval-monitoring. All research involving human subjects performed at GVSU and/or by GVSU students, staff, and/or faculty must be reviewed and authorized by the HRRC prior to the beginning of the research.
The HRRC is comprised of GVSU faculty, staff and community members, who review proposed research studies involving living persons.
If you are looking for Epigeum training, click here:
Note: This will take you to a protected webpage showing instructions for how to setup an Epigeum account, as well as further information related to using Epigeum at GVSU. When prompted on the next screen, enter your GVSU user name and password to access this information.
Are you looking to conduct human research? The information below will quickly get you started.
- IRBNet User Guide
- IRBNet: Getting Started
- Instructions: Submitting a New Protocol
- Instructions: Editing a Study Package after Submitting
- Instructions: Signing a Research Protocol (Authorizing Official)
- Instructions: Revising a Tabled Study
- Instructions: Requesting Changes to an Approved Protocol
- Instructions: Submitting a Continuing Review
- Instructions: Submitting a Closure Form
- Instructions: Submitting an Unanticipated Problem/Serious Adverse Event Form
- IRBManager User Guide
Application and Other Forms
****Please right-click and select "Save Link As" to download the form(s) to your computer. If you are having difficulty opening the PDF documents, Microsoft Word versions of the forms are also available from the Office of Research Compliance & Integrity. Please contact us at email@example.com.****
- Human Subject Research Determination Form *Updated 1/4/17
- Human Research Closure Form *Updated 2/9/17
- Continuing Review Application Form
- Individual Investigator Agreement Form *Updated 8/31/17
- IRB Authorization Agreement (GVSU Relying) Form *Updated 6/15/17
- IRB Authorization Agreement (GVSU Providing) Form
- Unanticipated Problem/Serious Adverse Event Reporting Form
- Change In Approved Protocol Form
- HIPAA Authorization to Use and Disclose Individual Health Information for Future Recruitment Purposes Form
- HIPAA Authorization to Use and Disclose Individual Health Information for Research Purposes Form
IF SUBMITTING A NEW PROTOCOL AFTER 6/30/17, PLEASE USE THESE UPDATED FORMS: