West Michigan World Trade Week 2018
West Michigan World Trade Week is a celebration of international trade and business growth for the West Michigan region.
For 33 years area businesses and community leaders have worked together to:
- Share international business knowledge and resources at the annual business conference and key networking events scheduled throughout the week
- Highlight the link between international trade and Michigan's economic well-being
- Recognize the contributions of international trade to job creation in Michigan
- Commend companies succeeding in global markets
- Support the annual proclamation issued by the President of the United States declaring World Trade Week in May
Who are our official partners?
World Trade Week West Michigan is organized by the U.S. Commercial Service (CS) and Grand Valley State University's Van Andel Global Trade Center (VAGTC) together with support from the Planning Committee.
The Planning Committee is comprised of volunteers from over 20 internationally focused companies and organizations. The Committee leadership alternates on an annual basis between the CS and VAGTC.
Sonja Johnson, Executive Director of GVSU's Van Andel Global Trade Center is Chair of the 2018 Planning Committee.
Who are our sponsors?
Mark Bissell, President & CEO of BISSELL Inc., is the 2018 Sponsor Chair. He will give remarks at the VIP reception on May 9, 2018. Each year over 30 sponsors financially support the business conference and other key student-focused programs, showing their commitment to leveraging experiences and growing international opportunities for Michigan businesses. To sponsor 2018 World Trade Week events click here.
Officially recognized Partner Organizations coordinating events throughout West Michigan World Trade Week 2018 include:
The Economic Club of Grand Rapids
International Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan
West Michigan World Trade Association
World Affairs Council of Western Michigan
World Trade Week West Michigan Planning Committee