SVA Board 2018-19
Student Veterans of America (SVA)
The purpose of the Student Veterans of America - GVSU Chapter is to provide an environment for Veterans and family members to gain support and guidance to continue a successful academic journey and to provide outreach to surrounding communities and the university.
- For information regarding meetings, please join our Facebook Page. This Facebook page is a general source of information for Veterans attending Grand Valley, and contains information such as meeting times and locations, information regarding changes that affect veterans, or general information about events being conducted by the SVA.
SVA Facebook Group:
- To become a member, please visit LakerLink or click Join SVA Now.
Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE)
Peer Advisors for Veteran Education (PAVE) is a peer support program that connects incoming student veterans on college campuses with student veterans who are trained as Peer Advisors who can help them navigate college life, address challenges they may face, refer them to appropriate resources on and off-campus, and provide ongoing support. PAVE builds on the camaraderie veterans experience in the military to create a sense of community and connectedness that contributes to academic and personal success.
The main goals of the program are to:
- Ease the transition from the military to academia
- Improve student veterans’ sense of connectedness to their school
- Create a safe haven and source of support
- Identify mental health issues and other concerns in a timely manner and connect student veterans with appropriate resources
- Improve student veteran academic performance
- Increase student veteran retention rates
Meet our current P.A.V.E. Peer Advisors - click here!