You should become familiar with all of your financial aid options.
To determine eligibility for federal grants (Pell Grant), loans, and work study, be sure to complete your Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA): https://fafsa.ed.gov/. If awarded, the Pell Grant funds will be added to your GI Bill and scholarships providing additional dollars to your account.
- Click on Financial Aid for more complete information or call 616-331-3234 for assistance.
- Fredrick S. Singer Memorial Veterans Endowed Scholarship: Assists US Military veterans with the cost of a GVSU degree.
- WGVU LZ Michigan Scholarship Endowment.
- Lt. William Zimmerman Memorial Scholarship Endowment: Benefits students who serve in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces, active or reserve, and for any honorably discharged veterans.
Follow the link below to find a scholarship you may be eligible for:
Below is a list of scholarships for military-connected students. Click on the links to learn more or to see if you might qualify.
- The VFW "Sports Clip Help a Hero Scholarship": http://www.vfw.org/Assistance/VFW-Sport-Clips-Help-A-Hero-Scholarship/
- American Veterans Scholarships: http://www.amvets.org/amvets-in-action/scholarships/
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarships: https://www.enhancelives.com/scholarships
- Miltary.com Scholarship finder: http://offers.military.com/v/scholarships/flow/
- Tillman Military Scholarships from the Pat Tillman Foundation: http://pattillmanfoundation.org/apply-to-be-a-scholar/
- West Michigan Veterans Coalition Student Veteran Scholarship - for details or an application, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org