Events » Basics of USMCA - VIRTUAL/LIVE
This virtual/live training delivers six hours of valuable content over three days, October 13, 14, &15 from 9am - 11am each day.
Canada and Mexico continue to be top trading partners for Michigan businesses, accounting for more than 70% of Michigan’s global trade. The United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA) entered into force as of July 1, 2020, replacing NAFTA.
It is critical for businesses to understand the changes that come with the new USMCA. Many of the rules for how goods qualify for preferential duty treatment have changed. New sector-specific rules, such as in Automotive, have been written to enact more stringent origin parameters. Certifications of origin take on a new look and recordkeeping must be refreshed to remain compliant.
Join us for six hours of virtual/live sessions over three days to learn USMCA’s many updated provisions and clauses. Attendees will gain a clear understanding of the rules, regulations, and best practices to put into place for the future.
- How to certify products and create a new free-form certification of origin
- Understanding Origin Criterion
- USMCA Product-Specific Rules of Origin
- USMCA – new industry & sector special rules
- Tariff Shift & Regional Value Content
- Supplier Solicitation Process
- Recordkeeping & Compliance
The sessions will take place as follows and will include digital resources to assist in learning the material and as a future reference for your business:
- Session One: Tuesday, October 13th | 9:00 to 11:00 AM EST
- Session Two: Wednesday, October 14th | 9:00 to 11:00 AM EST
- Session Three: Thursday, October 15th | 9:00 to 11:00 AM EST
NOTE: A link to the virtual training will be sent to registrants 24 hours before the first session. Space is limited. Register today!
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM