Eligibility for TRIO TPSSS
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have an interest in becoming a K-12 educator
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parents have completed a bachelor’s degree from a four-year institute)
AND/OR meet specific income guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education
AND/OR a student with a disability
First, complete the online application for the TRIO Teacher Preparation Student Support Service. Then complete the application checklist by providing the following:
- Copies of all college transcripts
- A signed copy of the TPSSS program agreement (available at the TPSSS office).
- If you are a current college student and have completed at least one semester, please also include a written recommendation from a college professor as part of your application. The written recommendation may be emailed to TPSSS at firstname.lastname@example.org.