Come and try our Glowforge
Equipped with a Glowforge for use by current GVSU students, faculty, and staff in partnership with our Technology Showcase workers!
Current GVSU students, faculty, and staff can submit work on the Glowforge for free however must provide their own materials from the Glowforge Materials Shop. Note: Glowforge Draftboard is not on our approved list of materials.
Have a question about the Glowforge in the TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE at GVSU?
* Note phone hours only available during showcase open hours.
Use of Glowforge is by appointment only. Please fill out our form to access our booking link.
MAKERSPACE GLOWFORGE PRINTING POLICY
- We do not allow any projects that are;
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or pose a threat to the well-being of others.
- Obscene or inappropriate given the educational environment of GVSU.
- In violation of another person’s intellectual property rights.
- All students, staff, and faculty must provide a valid GVSU email to sign up for an appointment.
- There is no cost to use the glowforge in our space, however you must provide the materials for your project.
- We will only use materials that come from Glowforge’s official material website. The material(s) must have the official glowforge QR code on it or know the name and type of the material in order for us to be able to use it. The material(s) cannot be larger than 12 inches by 20 inches.
- To use the glowforge, you must sign up for a time slot at the link below. We do not allow time slots longer than 2 hours at a time. Please be sure to include your first and last name, and your school email address when you sign up.
- We recommend that you come in for a pre-appointment consultation before signing up for an appointment. There is no need to sign up for a consultation, feel free to drop by anytime we are open. At that time, we will be able to show you samples of materials, example projects, discuss time length of your design, etc. so that you can have a better idea of what things your project will need.
- If you have any questions or concerns about the statements above, please consult our staff members before signing up for an appointment.