VISION & MISSION
Located in room 012 of the Atrium in the Mary Idema Pew Library Learning and Information Commons, the Atomic Object TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE is a premier exhibition space within the Innovation and Research Ecosystem in the Information Technology Division.
Along with the X►STUDIO, the showcase is designed to provide faculty, staff, and students with an immersive and engaging environment to: INTERACT, DISCOVER, LEARN, and SHARE how innovative emerging technologies can enhance teaching and improve student learning at GVSU. The showcase highlights a wide variety of technologies for hands-on experiences, while special events and speakers provide opportunities for faculty and students to become aware of the potential of technology to transform education. By researching and monitoring trends, the showcase focuses on identifying emerging and innovative technologies that have potential application across campus.
In the showcase the GVSU community can:
GVSU will be nationally recognized as a world-class leader in transforming education through the application of innovative emerging technologies that create the next generation of teaching and learning.
To provide faculty, staff, and students with an immersive and engaging environment to: interact, discover, learn, and share how innovative emerging technologies can enhance teaching and improve student learning at GVSU.
- Investigate, acquire, test, prototype, pilot, research, and evaluate cutting-edge emerging technologies that have the potential to transform education, enhance teaching, and improve student learning. Goal is to provide hands-on activities to experiment, touch, use, play, etc. in a constantly changing, dynamic display of technologies including furniture and room layouts.
- Leverage innovative technologies to improve course quality, enhance faculty effectiveness, and increase student success and retention.
- Partner with leading faculty, staff, students, and vendors to showcase, advocate, and increase awareness of the application of innovative emerging technologies in education.
- Accelerate the application and evaluation of technologies and dynamic learning environments by assisting, equipping, and empowering faculty and students.
- Build institutional capacity to integrate and implement technologies into teaching and learning practice, and to scale their deployment across the institution.
Interact with innovative and emerging technologies
Discover new tools and techniques for teaching
Learn how to leverage and apply technology for learning
Share new ideas that promote student success
About Atomic Object
Atomic Object makes custom apps for the web, mobile phones, computers, and custom devices. We help companies innovate and grow with products that are beautiful, reliable, and easy to use. Atomic is B Corp and an employee-owned company with offices in Ann Arbor, Chicago, and Grand Rapids.