Specific Speech-Language Pathology courses can be found a only a few universities that offer that major. Below are three universities that had some courses that may be relevant. Otherwise, taking courses in the AHS major offers a little more flexibility.
Having the opportunity to study abroad as a health science major will allow students to experience the global health practices from different perspectives. Use this opportunity to grow as an individual and as a professional in the health field. Whether you are taking General Education courses or more specific to Speech-Pathology, the benefit will always outweigh the costs. Another option may be to experience study abroad through Service Learning or Internship opportunities.
- Department input requested
- Courses specific to Speech-Language Pathology are a little harder to find compared to more general courses. It is highly recommended that you study abroad sooner than later and focus on General Education courses and lower level AHS courses to keep options open (if the ones below do not interest you). The first two years of courses offer a lot more flexible options for study abroad.
- Consider fulfilling your Issues General Education requirement abroad. Find out how!
- Department input requested.
- Courses will be reviewed on a case by case basis through the course equivalency process.
Keep in Mind
- Once you have selected a program, be sure to meet with your adviser at least three months prior to departing for your program.
- Be sure to explore both GVSU and non-GVSU options by browsing the Program Suggestions below. Students are not limited to GVSU study abroad programs.
- There are several opportunities to intern and or volunteer while abroad.
- Students are also able to fulfill General Education requirements abroad, including their General Education Issues requirement.
You are not limited to the program options listed below.
Explore other non-GVSU options by using the search engines listed below.
Allied Health Science Programs
Program, Host Institution, or University Name
Semester or non-traditional academic year
Students interested in combining their study abroad experience with an internship, or those looking to focus solely on an internship, have many options. Customized internships are available in a few locations through GVSU internships, as well as other program providers, such as ISA and World Endeavors. Don't forget, most internships are, or can be credit-bearing, so make sure you contact the internship provider or inquire with the PIC to see if you can receive credit towards your degree!
Some possible program providers include:
*Note: This is not an exhaustive list. If you cannot find a suitable program among these, there are other options available to you as well. Come in for a walk-in advising session, and our peer advisers can help you find a program that fits your needs!
Students may submit course equivalency requests by email or by submitting the Study Abroad Course Approval Form in person with the overseas course information attached. For all course equivalency requests for Allied Health Science courses.
Allied Health Sciences, Chair
Suite 200/207 515 Michigan NE