Information about Online Study Abroad Advising
Welcome to the Informational Page for Online Study Abroad Advising!
Please refer to the following Step-by-Step Breakdown for how to make an online appointment and access the appointment via Google Meet.
2. Once you have booked your appointment, expect to be contacted via email by a Peer Adviser who will be facilitating your appointment.
3. On the day and time of the appointment, log into your GVSU Gmail account and await a Google Meet request from email@example.com. This request will arrive approximately 5 minutes before your appointment time.
4. Once you have received the request from firstname.lastname@example.org, click the Google Meet link and give access to your camera and microphone (if desired). The Peer Adviser will be able to instruct you from here and will advise you via Google Meet.
Online Advising Tips
- Have a pen and pencil handy for taking notes.
- Prepare engaging questions and your goals for Study Abroad prior to the appointment.
- Be in a quiet environment that allows you to hear and be heard.
- Remain attentive throughout the session (put the phone away!)
- Keep in mind the possible technological difficulties (such as lagging and disconnection) and be prepared to follow directions from the Peer Adviser facilitating your session.
For any questions, concerns, or technological difficulties, please email email@example.com