Geography, BA/BS (Core Learning Outcomes)
- Outcome D Information Literacy (undergraduate)
- Outcome E Integration (undergraduate)
- Outcome G Problem Solving (undergraduate)
Assessment of Student Outcomes
Outcome D Information Literacy (undergraduate)Identify, access, evaluate, and synthesize multiple forms of information.
• Articulate the specific information needed.
• Access information using appropriate search tools.
• Evaluate the quality, usefulness, and relevance of the information.
• Ethically communicate synthesized information.
Outcome E Integration (undergraduate)Synthesize and apply knowledge, experiences, and multiple perspectives to new, complex situations.
• Connect academic theories with personal experiences to illuminate both.
• Draw conclusions connecting examples, facts, and/or theories from more than one field of study.
• Generalize skills, abilities, theories, or methodologies for solving problems in new contexts.
Outcome G Problem Solving (undergraduate)Design and evaluate strategies to answer open-ended questions.
• Construct clear and insightful problem statements that prioritize relevant contextual factors.
• Identify multiple approaches for solving the problem within the given context.
• Design and fully explain solutions that demonstrate comprehension of the problem.
• Evaluate the feasibility of solutions considering the context and impact of potential solutions (e.g., historical, ethical, legal, practical).