Strategic Plan for College of Health Professions
The College of Health Professions empowers learners to impact the health and well-being of individuals and society through experiential education, evidence-based practice, and meaningful community engagement.
Through innovative education of tomorrow's health professionals, the College will support the advancement of inclusive and equitable health and healthcare delivery.
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Inclusive and equitable community
- Interprofessional education and practice
- Lifelong learning
- Innovation and excellence in teaching, scholarship, and practice
- Social responsibility
- Celebrating and supporting student success
- Individual, group, and population health and well-being
The mission, vision, and values for the College of Health Professions were developed by a faculty-led task force composed of unit heads, faculty, staff, an assistant dean, and an associate dean. A draft of these statements and core values was shared with faculty via Blackboard for feedback. That feedback was used to revise the original statements and core values before approval by Faculty Council and the Dean.
The College of Health Professions collaborated across all divisions/colleges in the development of this plan. Collaboration across all colleges will be an integral part in the implementation and progress of this plan.
In order to build capacity for achieving commitments and implementing strategies for this plan, the College of Health Professions will:
- Reprioritize undergraduate enrollment
- Consider redesigning the Allied Health Sciences curriculum
- Expand opportunities for students at the Traverse City campus
- Develop new programs (i.e. anesthesiology assistant)
- Focus on undergraduate recruitment
- Support faculty and student research
- Evaluate and allocate faculty workload
- Empower students with membership on the Student Empowerment and Success Council
- Increase opportunities for experiential learning
- Increase external funding for faculty and students