Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan to Protect against COVID-19
EMS / SIMULATIONiQ
SIMULATIONiQ is the web-based audiovisual system used by the Grand Valley State University Simulation Center to capture and live-stream audio and video during simulation scenarios and other events. Students looking to access their recorded videos online should use their regular GVSU login information and go to http://ems.simcenter.gvsu.edu/SimIQ/.
- Students and faculty using a Mac can now watch recorded video without the need for the Flip4Mac software. Video can be watched using Firefox and Chrome
- Students and faculty using Windows-based computers at home or in GVSU labs can now watch recorded video using Internet Explorer (not Edge), Firefox and Chrome.
- With this fix, video can now also be viewed on mobile devices, including on Apple iOS with Chrome, Skyfire and Puffin. Android devices can use Chrome, Firefox and Puffin.
- If you need to install Flash, pick the browser you want to use with SimIQ then download Flash here: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- If you've installed Flash but still get an error or a black screen, you'll need to enable flash in your browser.
- Instructions to enable Flash in Chrome: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-chrome.html also /cms4/asset/890FA567-BE74-A168-6DBE725A35EBA90F/add_simiq_to_chrome_flash.pdf
- Instructions to enable Flash in Firefox: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html also /cms4/asset/890FA567-BE74-A168-6DBE725A35EBA90F/add_simiq_to_firefox_flash.pdf
- Instructions to enable Flash in Internet Explorer: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-flash-player-windows.html
For all audiovisual issues involving the recording, streaming, and/or playback of simulations that cannot be solved using the resources above, contact a member of our audiovisual staff:
The GVSU Simulation Center loans equipment to GVSU students, faculty, and staff for educational purposes.
Equipment can be checked-out Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:30am-5:00pm by visiting the Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences, room 353.
For further information please contact the CHS Simulation Center Lab Assistants or call 616.331.3461
Equipment can also be checked-out at Raleigh Finkelstein Hall, room 021 during the following days and times:
Mondays 10am-5pm, Tuesdays 1-5pm, Wednesdays 1-6pm, Thursdays 2-6pm, and Fridays 1-5pm.
For information about equipment available for loan in RFH or RFH Central Storage, please email the RFH Lab Assistants, call 616.331.5448.