An increasing demand for STEM careers (science, technology, engineering, and math) exists in Michigan. As Grand Rapids continues to be a world-class health care destination, the area needs skilled professionals to meet this demand.
- and personal health and fitness.
They explore the professions around:
- medical lab science
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy
- physician assistant
- public health
- radiation therapy
- sports medicine
- and therapeutic recreation.
Program activities include:
- exercising in fun ways
- making nutritious meals
- collecting data in a laboratory setting
- using modern medical equipment
- understanding different types of therapies for various injuries and disabilities
- and experiencing a field trip to Mercy Health - Saint Mary's Campus.