Published Resources from the KBEI
- Psychological Introspection as Moral Courage in Leaders by Michael DeWilde. Transcript of a talk delivered at ESC Rennes School of Business, Rennes, France in January, 2010.
- The Business of the Humanities by Michael DeWilde. The liberal arts, and the humanities in particular, seem to be a hidden passion for any number of CEO’s, executives, Wall Street investors, and lawyers.
- A (very) Concise Guide to Eight Moral Theories by Michael DeWilde.
- An Outline for Ethical Decision-Making by Michael DeWilde.
General Business Ethics
- Flint's decline, Grand Rapids' success predicted in 70-year-old study (MLive)
- 'Capitalism Vs. The Climate' An interview with Naomi Klein (The Nation)
- The Man Who Crashed The World by Michael Lewis (Vanity Fair)
- We Need to Deal with Income Inequality (New York Times)
- Two Judges Who Get It About Banks (New York Times)
- Rational Actors and Political Persuasion (Harvard Gazette)
- Why Women Still Can't Have It All by Anne-Marie Slaughter (The Atlantic)
- How the stock market destroyed the middle class- (MarketWatch)
- The Padnos Family Begins to Handoff Leadership (New York Times)
- Ten Things You Can Do to Stimulate the New Economy (The Nation)
- "Big Mac Test" shows job market is not working to distribute wealth (New York Times)
- The Christian Paradox: How a Faithful Nation Gets Jesus Wrong by Bill McKibben (Harpers)
- Death by Robot Can we outsource moral decision-making to robots? (New York Times Magazine)
- Climate Change's Bottom Line "It would be irresponsible not to contemplate it," said Greg Page, executive chairman of Cargill (New York Times).
- The Education of an Educated CEO by Jeff Bailey.
- Local First Quick Impact Assessment, Provided by B Lab, Local First, and BALLE. Determine how much good your company does for the local economy - and see how you stack up against other businesses in the nation.
- Should Amazon, Apple, Google and Facebook Be Broken Up? Scott Galloway on The Big Four
- Anne-Marie Slaughter's TED Talk: Can we all "have it all"?
- Panel Discussion at GVSU on The Future of Capitalism: Constructive Competition or Chaos?
- Michael Pollan's TED Talk: ‘A Plant’s-eye View’
- KBEI panel discussion on The Role of Religion in Business
- Michael DeWilde on Why Grand Rapids is Not Flint. (Continued in Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5.)
- The Moral Instinct by Steven Pinker
- Can Selfishness Save the Environment? by Matt Ridley and Bobbi S. Low Behavioral economics and evolutionary biology save the world.
- Power Moves: Success changes how people think and act—often, but not always, for the worse, by Theodor Schaarschmidt.
- Article about a recent U of M study on college students and empathy- Empathy: College students don't have as much as they used to and the corresponding study- Changes in Dispositional Empathy in American College Students Over Time: A Meta-Analysis
- New York Times article, "Why Some Teams Are Smarter Than Others"
- We Know How You Feel- The New Yorker