Welcome back to Grand Valley!
We are thrilled you are considering finishing your program with us!
Whatever reasons you had for previously leaving Grand Valley, now is the perfect time to come back to us. Whether that means finishing what you started, or making changes to reflect where you’re at in life now, we help maximize your past credits while helping you find the most convenient way to earn your degree. With flexible programming, evening and online classes, along with personalized advising services, we make it easy to go back to school.
How to Get Started
- Submit the Re-entry form to the registrars office at [email protected].
- If you have attended any institutions after leaving GVSU, have official copies of your transcripts sent to [email protected].
- File your FAFSA for financial aid consideration. Connect with the financial aid office if you have any questions. You can reach them at (616) 331-3234 or [email protected].
- An adult student advisor can assist with all of the above. All you have to do is schedule a virtual meeting with them.
Find Your Program
All Academic Program Offerings
Explore all that Grand Valley has to offer with this detailed list of academic offerings.
Badges and Certificates
A list of skill-specific credentials to consider if you don't want to pursue a degree.
Once You've Been Admitted
- Reactivate your GVSU network ID and password. Please contact the Registrar's Office if you have trouble.
- Meet with your academic advisor. You can set up an advising appointment with your advisor through Navigate.
- If you are not sure what you want to complete your degree in, please contact the Center for Adult and Continuing Studies at (616) 331-7180, and we can talk about the best option for you and your goals.
- Apply for Scholarships on our myScholarship site.
- Visit our adult student resources page for a wealth of step-by-step information.
Before Classes Begin
- Purchase a parking permit if needed.
- Get your student ID if you no longer have one. Visit the Student Assistance center on any GVSU campus, or email [email protected] with a headshot and your mailing address.
- Familiarize yourself with campus again by visiting our virtual tour.