Recreational Therapy Student Association
The Recreational Therapy Student Association (RTSA) creates opportunities for the professional development of recreational therapy students at Grand Valley State University. These opportunities are offered through participation in service, fundraising, and community outings that support local organizations who serve individuals with disabilities. Additionally, these opportunities are offered through opportunities for recruitment to the profession of Recreational Therapy and interdisciplinary interaction. The RTSA can be contacted at via LakerLink.
Other Student Organizations of Interest
RT students are frequently involved with the following student organizations as well:
- Students for Special Olympics Advocacy (SSOA)
- Kids In Motion (promotes physical activity and mentorship with At-Risk youth)
- Students Towards Autism Advocacy and Respect (STAAR)
- Senior Citizens Club
- Stars for Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Campus Links (social/academic mentorship for college students with Autism)
More information about these organizations can be found through the GVSU Student Organizations webpage.