Skip to main content

Serious Incident

Care of Injured


In case of serious accident and/or injury involving radiation or radioactive materials call the Radiation Safety Officer, and dial 911. Tell the dispatcher your name, the building and location, and the seriousness of injury, if any. Phone numbers are posted in the Radiation Laboratory.

Stay on the line until all necessary information is furnished to the dispatcher. The dispatcher will notify the appropriate emergency response agencies. If the Radiation Safety Officer cannot be reached, a member of the Radiation Control and Policy Committee must be notified. Other emergency personnel may also be notified. A current list of names and phone numbers of response personnel are posed in the Radiation Laboratory and with the GSVU Physical Plant. If no serious injury is involved, call the Radiation Safety Officer.

For more information of care or injured or spills, click the appropriate image