Location and Directions
The meeting will take place on the Pew Campus (downtown) of Grand Valley State University, in downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
- Scientific sessions will be 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday in "The Forum" of the L. William Seidman Center (SCB-1008). Free daytime parking is available in the Fulton Lot on Fulton St (south side of the street, just west of the bridge; Seidman is just south of this parking lot).
- The public talk will be held at 8 p.m. on Friday in Loosemore Auditorium of DeVos Center (DEV-122E). Free parking (after 5 p.m.) is available in the DeVos Lot on Winter Ave.
The Pew Campus is within a 5-15 minute walk of all downtown hotels and the downtown entertainment district. For more details, click the map image, download the Pew Campus Map (pdf), or select one of the Google Map links below.
Parking and Downtown Transportation
- Holiday Inn parking is free for guests. Other hotels may have valet/paid parking.
- Non-overnight campus parking will be available for conference participants (Fulton Lot) and public talk attendees (DeVos Lot).
- The DASH downtown bus routes are always free (system map).
- Street parking in downtown Grand Rapids is metered until 6 p.m. Friday (cash/card or MOTU app). Weekends are free (mostly).
Air, Train, Bus
- The Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is 15 miles southeast of downtown Grand Rapids (20 minute drive, GRR to Downtown).
- Grand Rapids Station (Amtrak) is located just south of the downtown core (20 minute walk, Amtrak to campus).
- Grand Rapids Central Station (Greyhound, local buses) is also just south of downtown (20 minute walk, Greyhound to campus).