Faculty & Staff
Colleen Lewis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, K-12 Education Coordinator
Office Address: 4413 KHS
Phone: (616) 331-8682
- B.S. Denison University (Biology)
- M.S. Wright State University (Anatomy)
- Ph.D. Indiana University (Human Performance)
- Post Doctoral Fellowship at the University of Michigan (Rehabilitation Medicine)
- Activity levels and functional performance in adolescents with cerebral palsy
- Motor Control and motor learning in adults and adolescents with cerebral palsy
- Using technology as a teaching tool for physical education teacher education students
- Comparison of sport ability of competitive athletes with disabilities using exergames
Ingrid Johnson, Ph.D.
Office Address: 4407 KHS
Phone: (616) 331-8873
- 2003 - Ph.D. University of New Mexico (Curriculum and Instruction in Physical Education) Voices for a shared understanding: Perceptions of the physical education student teaching triad.
- 1995 - M.Ed. University of Minnesota – Twin Cities (Physical Education/Adapted Physical Education)
- 1992 - B.S. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (Kinesiology)
- Curriculum Development
- Middle and Secondary Teaching Methods/Instruction
- Promoting/Providing Successful Student Teaching Experiences
- Field Experiences in Physical Education
PHOTO COMING SOON
Stephanie (Tess) Armstrong, Ph.D
Office Address: 4410 KHS
Phone: (616) 331-9368
- 2016 - Ph.D. University of New Mexico (Physical Education, Curriculum and Instruction); A Meta-Analysis Examining the Effect of Physical Education Learning Environment on Student Achievement.
- 2008 - M.A.T. The Colorado College; The Effects of a Breakfast Nutrition Program on the Eating Habits of Third Grade Students
- 2006 - B.S. Boston University (Physical Education)
Jennifer Olson, M.S.
Office Address: 4540-L KHS
Phone: (616) 331-8875
- Master of Science (Family and Consumer Science) 1996, Iowa State University
- Bachelor of Science ( Family and Consumer Sciences KH,VH/Health Certified) 1994, Iowa State University
- Certified Teacher (Health Education grades 6-12)
- PED 265: Health Education for Elementary Teachers
- PED 272: Reproductive Health Education
- PED 270: School Health Ed: Curriculum and Evaluation
- PED 301: Methods of Teaching Health Education
Karol Tiemersma, M.A.
Office Address: 4540-M KHS
Phone: (616) 331-8890
- Master of Arts (Organizational Communication) 1999, Western Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science (Health, Physical Education, and Recreation) 1992, Aquinas College
- Certified Teacher (Physical Education and Health grades K-12 and Speech grades 7-12)
- PED 240: Methods for Teaching Fitness
- PED 266: Move-Dance-Learn! PE and Dance for Elementary Education