Educational Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
The Mission, Vision, and Core values of the Occupational Safety and Health Department has provided the basis for the program educational objectives of the graduates with the Bachelors of Science in Occupational Safety and Health Management. Graduates of the Occupational Safety and Health program are expected within a few years of graduation to:
1. Demonstrate technical competency in occupational safety and health that includes being able to:
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazards arising within the occupational environment.
- Measure and interpret data that assists with the implementation of occupational safety and health programs and control measures.
- Design, implement, and audit occupational safety and health systems.
2. Effectively communicate and collaborate inside a diverse work environment
3. Work in an ethical and professional manner
4. Engage in professional development to continue to grow throughout their careers.
Graduates will have the ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and occupational safety and health;
- use techniques, skills, and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for professional practice of occupational safety and health;
- design a system, process, or program to meet occupational safety and health needs;
- identify and solve occupational safety and health problems;
- understand professional and ethical responsibility in occupational safety and health;
- design and conduct experiments/ investigations, as well as to analyze and interpret data in the field of occupational safety and health;
- communicate effectively in a professional environment;
- demonstrate knowledge of the contemporary issues surrounding occupational safety and health;
- function on multidisciplinary teams;
- recognize the need for and an ability to engage in professional development in pursuit of life-long learning;
- understand the impact of occupational safety and health solutions in a global and societal context.