OMA Ambassadors: Working Towards Racial Justice
The OMA Ambassador program was created to build deeper learning and engagement with students who are interested in racial and social justice advocacy. OMA Ambassadors are student leaders who help to advance the work of racial justice, advocacy and inclusion for GVSU campus community.
Roles and Responsibilities: Education, Outreach and Engagement
Racial Justice Education
- OMA Ambassadors will attend monthly trainings to further enhance and develop their knowledge around racial justice work and creating social change.
- OMA Ambassadors host and provide educational programs to the campus community that focus on racial justice. These programs include, but not limited to:
- Conversations of Color Dialogue Series
- OMA Ambassadors present and facilitate at GVSU Leadership Summit and/or GVSU's Teach-In
Racial Justice Outreach
- OMA Ambassadors will lead “Days of Service” through ACTIVATE program.
- OMA Ambassadors will represent OMA at tabling events.
- OMA Ambassadors will present workshops and trainings to classes, student groups and campus organizations.
Racial Justice Engagement
- OMA Ambassadors will coordinate and facilitate the “Conversations of Color” Social Media pages.
- OMA Ambassadors will host educational events in OMA related to racial justice work.
- OMA Ambassadors will host an annual event to draw awareness about OMA office and resources.
- Become an agent of change on campus.
- Develop skills in areas of leadership, public speaking, social justice and professionalism.
- Build relationships with staff and peers who are seeking to create change.
- Students will make a year-long commitment to serve as a OMA Ambassador.
- Ambassadors will engage in presentations and activities that will enhance their experience and knowledge on racial and social justice issues.
- Ambassadors will meet monthly each semester.
How To Get Involved
If you are interested in applying to serve as an OMA Ambassador, contact Jeff Brown at email@example.com.