The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA ) is committed to building an inclusive campus that yields social harmony and learning vitality. Through its comprehensive programs and services, OMA fosters an appreciation and respect for the history, tradition, and culture of different ethnic groups, and empowers students to be active learners.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs mission is to support efforts in recruiting and retaining diverse students; to educate, engage and empower all students to live in a multicultural world; and to advocate for a socially just campus environment.
By collaborating with campus and community partners, the Office of Multicultural Affairs will create an educational environment that cultivates the rich contributions of all cultures and also provides a place where students can achieve academic, social, and cultural success.
- Empower students to be active participants in the Grand Valley community.
- Promote academic, social, personal, cultural, leadership, and professional growth of students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Advocate for a campus climate that respects and appreciates the history, culture, and traditions of different ethnic groups.
- Stimulate and encourage opportunities for intentional intercultural dialogue and engagement among university members.
- Assist with efforts to promote access and equity in higher education through recruitment and retention of a diverse student body.
- Offer diversity and cultural learning opportunities to improve intercultural understanding and competency.
- Collaborate with the campus, as well as external communities to better fulfill the mission of OMA.
Fall 2016 Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
March 30, 2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Presentation by Ignacio Sanchez Prado (Professor of Spanish, Latin American Studies, and Film and Media Studies at Washington University)
March 31, 2017 All Day
Friday, March 31 - Sunday, April 2 Wealthy Street Theatre Event is free to the public and all films will be presented with English subtitles. Following the movies, there will be opportunity to...
April 8, 2017 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
The Native American Student Association (NASA) at Grand Valley State University (GVSU) is excited to be planning the 19th annual Celebrating All Walks of Life Traditional Pow Wow. This cultural...