The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA ) is committed to building an inclusive campus that yields social harmony and learning vitality. Through its comprehensive programs and services, OMA fosters an appreciation and respect for the history, tradition, and culture of different ethnic groups, and empowers students to be active learners.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs mission is to support efforts in recruiting and retaining diverse students; to educate, engage and empower all students to live in a multicultural world; and to advocate for a socially just campus environment.
By collaborating with campus and community partners, the Office of Multicultural Affairs will create an educational environment that cultivates the rich contributions of all cultures and also provides a place where students can achieve academic, social, and cultural success.
- Empower students to be active participants in the Grand Valley community.
- Promote academic, social, personal, cultural, leadership, and professional growth of students from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Advocate for a campus climate that respects and appreciates the history, culture, and traditions of different ethnic groups.
- Stimulate and encourage opportunities for intentional intercultural dialogue and engagement among university members.
- Assist with efforts to promote access and equity in higher education through recruitment and retention of a diverse student body.
- Offer diversity and cultural learning opportunities to improve intercultural understanding and competency.
- Collaborate with the campus, as well as external communities to better fulfill the mission of OMA.
2015 Spring Break Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fall 2015 Semester Hours
Monday - Thursday:
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
LIB 100 and 201 Approved! This program will feature a panel discussion to take a deeper look at the history of what is now known as Columbus Day in much of the United States of America. Panelists...
Multicultural Scholars Program Professional Development Seminar: Midterm Stress Buster Seminar Description: Are you feeling the stress and pressure of midterms? If so, come to the Office...
Conversations of Color: Open discussions about Race, Culture, Identity and Current Events. Topics and issues will vary every session. This small and open venue offers students...