Welcome to the myName Platform!
At Grand Valley State University we recognize that an individual may wish to be identified by a professional, personal, preferred, display or use name without making an official legal name change. Students, faculty, and staff may use the myName process to update Banner and some related systems with such a name. The myName process allows students, faculty, and staff to have the chosen name appear anywhere a legal name is not required.
- myName for GVSU students
- myName for GVSU faculty/staff
- Updating your name as a GVSU Alum
- I would like to talk to someone about utilizing myName
- I want to make sure my professors and advisors pronounce my name correctly
- I want to add my pronouns to my Blackboard profile
- How to support chosen names
- I’m not yet a GVSU student but would like to learn more about LGBTQ life on campus
- I'm not yet a GVSU student but would like to learn more about how GVSU supports DACA & Undocumented students on campus
- Frequently Asked Questions
Requesting a myName
This video provides step-by-step instructions on how to request a myName.
For more information, read GVSU’s Affirmation of Gender Identity and Expression Inclusion.
Please note: myName is different from the University’s Name Change process, which deals with official/legal name changes via the Social Security Administration.
FOR SUPPORT & QUESTIONS
Direct questions about myName as well as the legal name change process should be directed to one of the following:
- Click here to submit a ticket for any issue related to myName
- Milton E. Ford LGBT Resource Center
- Resources for DACA and Undocumented Students
- Registrar's Office (Students)
- Human Resources (Staff & Faculty)
- Division of Inclusion and Equity