Introducing one-on-one appointments with a MoneySmart Peer Mentor to learn more about your finances. Select the date, time, and topic area that most interests you by clicking on the button below. Please be prepared with any specific questions or areas you are interested in learning more about.
AT THIS TIME, OUR SERVICES ARE OPERATING REMOTELY AND IN-PERSON. ALL SCHEDULED MEETINGS CAN BE CONDUCTED VIRTUALLY VIA ONLINE, OR SCHEDULED FOR AN IN-PERSON APPOINTMENT. INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENTS WILL BE LOCATED IN THE OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS, OR AN EMAIL WILL BE SENT TO THE STUDENTS GVSU EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A LINK TO THEIR VIRTUAL SESSION.
- Budgeting: Creating a Spending Plan
- Focuses on the importance of establishing and maintaining a budget
- Exit Counseling: Student Loan Repayment
- Understanding repayment plans, types of loans, and consequences for non-payment
- Understanding Credit and Credit Reports
- Learn the importance of establishing the right type of credit and understanding the importance of checking your credit report often
- Wealth Building
- Help students better understand the importance of investing and benefits of building wealth early in life
Individual appointments are in the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships in 100 Arend & Nancy Lubbers Student Services Center.
We can also connect with you via email and Zoom.