The application consists of the following components all of which must be complete and submitted by February 15th prior to the intended winter semester entry. Late applications will be considered assuming requirements are met and space is available in the program.
- Completed MLS program application
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- 1-2 page statement of professional philosophy. (Why have you chosen MLS as a profession?)
- 3 completed MLS recommendation forms sent directly to the MLS program director by the respondents as follows: one from a chemistry faculty, one from any science laboratory faculty, and the third source is the choice of the applying student.
Once an application has been received and determined complete (after February 15), the prospective student will be invited to meet with the MLS Program Director and/or Faculty.
The following prerequisites must be met or in progress at the time of the MLS program application.
- Overall GPA and science GPA of 2.8 or above
- Completion of the following courses: CHM 109, BIO 120, BMS 208
- Completion of 45 credit hours
The College of Health Professions (CHP) Student Services Office (SSO) in collaboration with CHP faculty and staff provides academic advising, admissions, and other student services to future and current undergraduate and graduate students in support of their academic, professional and personal development on the campus and within the greater community.
Grand Valley offers an excellent education at a reasonable cost. See tuition, fees, and financial aid information below.
Students should plan on additional cost for travel expenses to affiliate hospital laboratories, which can be up to three hours from Grand Rapids.