LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Personal Legal Services
If you need personal legal advice or representation with regard to a personal matter, you may be able to obtain information or assistance from the resources listed below:
- Lawyer Referral Service - If you have a personal legal problem and you need to find a lawyer who specializes in your area of concern
- Legal Aid of West Michigan - Serving 17 counties in West Michigan with free legal assistance to people with low income in non-criminal cases
- Legal Assistance Center - Walk-in service designed to help people with legal problems. This office is located on the 5th floor of the Kent County Circuit Courthouse in Grand Rapids.
- Grand Rapids Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service - Confidential attorney referral service provided by the Grand Rapids Bar Association.
- Dispute Resolution Center of West Michigan - Serving the counties of Isabella, Kent, Newaygo, Mecosta, Montcalm, Osceola, and Lake by offering mediation, conciliation, and facilitation services as an alternative to court.
- Michigan Legal Aid - Provides court forms and advises low income residents of Michigan with certain legal issues.