Testing and Contact Tracing
What should I do if I have symptoms of COVID-19?
Stay home, isolate and/or mask around others, get tested notify your faculty and/or supervisor.
What should I do if I have been exposed to COVID-19?
If you are not up-to-date, notify your faculty and/or supervisor. Utilize the CDC quarantine calculator. GVSU requires that you get tested immediately if you have symptoms and 5-7 days after the exposure.
What do I do if I test positive for COVID-19?
Testing Site Recommendations
- Starting May 2, at-home COVID tests will be available for campus community members (one test will be given per person) at the Kirkhof Center 20/20 Desk, Eberhard Center parking window, College of Health Professions Dean's Office (400 CHS) and Kirkhof College of Nursing Dean's Office (410 DCIH) on the Health Campus.
- Free COVID Test near me
- Your health care provider
- Campus Health Center - availability information coming soon
- Free at-home COVID tests can be ordered via U.S. Postal Service
- Self Testing: Self-Testing Fast Facts
GVSU will no longer conduct their own contact tracing. If you test positive for COVID-19 it is your responsibility to notify any close contacts (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period).