KCON is hiring!
Assistant / Associate Professor
- Earned masters in Nursing
- Earned Doctorate (in nursing preferred, PhD or DNP)
- Preference for applicants with expertise in psych/mental health, community health, pediatrics or nursing administration; and applicants with certification as Adult/Gero NP, or PMHNP.
- Ability to meet criteria for appointment at the level of professor, associate professor, or assistant professor
- Evidence of area of expertise and an identified program of scholarship
- Minimum of one year teaching experience at undergraduate and/or graduate levels
Expectations of the position include teaching, scholarship, and service, with opportunities for professional practice as desired.
Salary and rank commensurate with experience.
Adjunct Primary Care Onsite Project Manager
The Primary Care Onsite Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all activities of the Michigan Health Endowment Fund facilitating the creation of two onsite primary care outreach locations at Mt. Mercy and Reflections older adult low income housing in Grand Rapids. This individual will work with a team of individuals, including a physician, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, PT/OT, pharmacist, dietary, students, data, GVSU faculty, departmental staff, and residents of the low income housing in order to facilitate the successful implementation of the program.
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Masters Social Work (MSW) degree
- Certified license in the State of Michigan as MSW
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn new computer programs such as Red Cap, SPSS
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team on project development
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Research project management experience
- Experience working with older adults
- Experience working with older adults who have cognitive impairments
- Long term care experience
- Proficiency in human subjects’ research activities
Registered Nurse – GVSU Family Health Center
Provides nursing services and coordination activities associated with the operation of the health center.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Licensed professional nurse in state of Michigan
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Analytic ability to interpret verbal, visual, and written data
- Able to establish care management independently
- Visual acuity to use equipment and read health records
- Ability to work confidently, calmly, and accurately in high pressure situations
- Experience in primary care
- Experience with the geriatric population
- Experience in case management
Adjunct Medical Assistant - GVSU Family Health Center
The medical assistant (MA) works as part of a team that includes nurse practitioners (NP), registered nurses (RN), administrative support staff, physicians, ancillary health, and clinical students from a variety of healthcare disciplines. The MA performs activities that support all aspects of patient flow under the direct delegation of the NP or RN such as checking vital signs, procedures such as dressing changes and injections, obtaining and documenting pertinent medical and social history. Additionally the MA effectively communicates with other members of the health care team and performs clerical functions including scheduling, patient registration, and medical records processing.
- Graduate of accredited medical assistant training program
- Current Medical Assistant Certification in the State of Michigan
- Experience in medical office or similar setting
- Experience with an electronic medical records system
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations, to practice empathy and caring attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-orientated environment with a strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to provide communication using the telephone with patients, and the healthcare team
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a confidential manner
- Ability to demonstrate competency with an electronic medical record, Windows-based computer system, including a basic understanding of e-mail, internet and computer navigation, ability to use other software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) as required to perform essential functions of the job
- Ability to hear speech, speak, utilize near-far vision and fine motor skills
- Ability to perform continuously detailed tasks with frequent interruptions and work prioritization
- Position requires frequent standing, walking and occasional bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting