Managing your Network Data
Network Data Storage Space Limits effective June 10, 2013 are:
- 250GB limit for network data storage space that is backed up by IT and 25GB storage for students.
- Network data storage space is intended for GVSU work related materials
- Personal pictures, music, movies, games, files should not be placed under the network locations that are being backed up
- Email alert will be sent to individual if network data storage space reaches 240GB or more
- Email will indicate that you are 240GB or more and suggest options for reducing your network data storage space
- Immediate attention is required to prevent backups from failing if network data storage space exceeds 250GB
- If GVSU work related materials exceed the 250GB limit
- Individual determines least used files to be removed from the backed up network data storage space and stored on local hard drive, external drive, USB, etc.
- Alternative backup strategy is the responsibility of the individual
Failure to comply may result in incomplete backups and/or loss of data.
For more information, please see www.gvsu.edu/it and click on Faculty/Staff and then Managing Your Network Data Storage.
Questions/concerns should be directed to the Information Technology Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 616-331-2101.