Moving In/ Out
- Check-in is 10am- 8pm at Winter Hall.
- If you are unable to move in during desk hours, please contact the Winter Hall front desk (616-331-7600) to arrange an alternate time.
- Bring a photo ID and the signed copy of your license agreement to check-in.
- You will receive your access card, brass key, mailbox key, and laundry card after your lease agreement has been signed.
- Within three days after arriving, please fill out the room inventory check list and return it to the Winter Hall Front Desk to avoid charges on your unit at the end of your stay.
- If you will have a car, visit the parking services desk in the Eberhard Center to register for your free parking pass.
You are required to complete the following steps and vacate your room by noon on your move out date.
Please return your space to good condition by cleaning and returning university furniture to its original layout. The space should be move-in ready for another student. To avoid charges, ensure the following:
· All belongings must be removed from unit. Any items requiring removal by staff will result in additional charges.
· All trash should be properly disposed.
· All drawers, shelves, and cupboards must be emptied and wiped out.
· All furniture and counter top surfaces should be wiped clean with a non-abrasive general all-purpose cleaner.
· All floors should be swept/vacuumed.
· Refrigerators/freezers must be emptied and wiped clean and be unplugged/defrosted 24 hours prior to departure.
· Ovens and stove tops should be cleaned thoroughly using a general all-purpose cleaner, degreaser or oven cleaner.
· Walls, floor and fixtures of shower/tub should be thoroughly cleaned with a non-abrasive bathroom cleaner.
· Toilet bowl and seat should be thoroughly cleaned with appropriate toilet/bathroom cleaner.
· All walls should be wiped clean of any dust, spills, marks, etc.
Once all belongings are out of the room and you have completed the required cleaning, you are ready to depart.
Check-out is noon. In order to check-out stop by the Winter Desk and fill out an express check-out envelope, completing all information requested. Place your access card, brass key and laundry card in the envelope, then either return it to Front Desk attendant, or slide under desk side door.
Staff will assess damage charges after you have checked out. Any items left after checkout will be disposed of and the residents will be billed accordingly.