Youth Interfaith Service Day Camps
Our Interfaith Service Day Camp is an exploration of the world of interfaith leadership through visiting sacred sites and hands on service projects at area nonprofits. Students will build friendships while working with a variety of service organizations doing incredible work in our community. It is an excellent opportunity to engage with peers and neighbors of a variety of cultures, traditions, and world views.
In 2023, camp runs from June 12th-16th from 9am-3pm. This camp explores interfaith and cross-cultural equity and is ideal for middle and high schoolers. For more information or to register, go to www.gvsu.edu/interfaith/camp.
Hear from previous campers
During this camp students can expect to:
- Explore different houses of worship (eat tasty foods too)
- Engage with peers and neighbors of a variety of cultures, traditions and world views
- Learn interfaith leadership and cooperation
- Build friendships through service with a variety of organizations doing incredible work in our community
- Explore cooperation across lines of difference as we learn each other’s stories and work to build an equitable community for everyone.
- Learn deep dialogue, thoughtful listening, and organizing for systemic change
What kind of places will we get to experience?
During camp, you'll get to experience places like:
Islamic Mosque, Jewish Synagogue, Sikh Gurdwara, Hindu Temple, Dominican Center, Food Pantry, Habitat for Humanity, Hunger Simulation, and more...
*actual sites are subject to change
JOIN THE FUN!
- Team Building and Leadership Skills
- Work On Service Projects Together
- Taste Different Foods
- Explore Diverse Faith Communities
- Make New Friends
. . .and much more!
Need More Info?
For any additional information or if you have any questions, please contact us via email.
You may also call the Kaufman Office at