Youth Interfaith Service Day Camps
Our Interfaith Service Day Camps provide an introduction to the world of interfaith leadership through visiting sacred sites and building community through service. Students will build friendships while working with a variety of service organizations doing incredible work in our community. It is an excellent opportunity to engage with peers and neighbors of a variety of cultures, traditions, and world views.
Stay tuned for more info about our 2023 summer day camps. Meanwhile, check out what we did in 2022.
Hear from previous campers
Week 1: Multi-faith and Cross-Cultural Understanding
Introduction to the world of interfaith leadership through visiting sacred sites and building community through service. This week is perfect for students who are new to interfaith dialogue and cross-cultural engagement, and are ready to begin the journey of seeing new places in our city and making new friends. During this camp students can expect to:
- Experience the challenge by choice of a high and low ropes course
- Explore different houses of worship (eat tasty foods too)
- Engage with peers and neighbors of a variety of cultures, traditions and world views
- Learn interfaith leadership and cooperation
- Build friendships through service with a variety of organizations doing incredible work in our community
- Enjoy a picnic finale
Week 2: Justice and Equity Immersion
This week will explore cooperation across lines of difference as we learn each other’s stories and work to build an equitable community for everyone. This week is perfect for students who have prior knowledge of interfaith dialogue, cross-cultural communication, and are ready for a justice and equity immersion experience.** During this camp students can expect to:
- Experience challenge by choice of a high and low ropes course
- Learn how to stand in solidarity with the diverse people who call west Michigan their home via trips to sacred sites and houses of worship (eat tasty foods too)
- Engage with the hopes and concerns of a variety of cultures, traditions and world views within our community
- Learn deep dialogue, thoughtful listening, and organizing for systemic change
- Build friendships through service and shared explorations of how we can work towards a community where everyone is valued and respected
- Enjoy a picnic finale
What kind of places will we get to experience?
Over the course of these weeks, you'll get to experience things like:
Islamic Mosque, Jewish Synagogue, Sikh Gurdwara, Hindu Temple, Dominican Center, Food Pantry, Habitat for Humanity, Hunger Simulation, and more...
*actual sites are subject to change
JOIN THE FUN!
- Team Building and Leadership Skills
- Work On Service Projects Together
- Taste Different Foods
- Explore Diverse Faith Communities
- Make New Friends
. . .and much more!
Need More Info?
For any additional information or if you have any questions, please contact us via email.
You may also call the Kaufman Office at
Youth Programming Info Request
I would like more information about (check all that apply)
* denotes a required field