Virus Action Team update: Vaccination Incentive Program announced for students
Grand Valley students who have received a COVID-19 vaccine have the opportunity to win $100. In an effort to increase the vaccination rate on campus, July has been designated as Lakers Vax-Up month.
The goal is to have at least 70 percent of students vaccinated.The GVSU COVID-19 Data Dashboard shows the vaccination rate of the GVSU community.
The COVID-19 vaccine is the best path out of the pandemic and to mitigate the spread of the virus and variants. The vaccine is also the best way to provide the safest campus possible with a more normal classroom and campus environment.
Details of the incentive program are below.
Vaccination Incentive Program
GVSU students who are vaccinated and record their information in their daily online self-assessment will be eligible to win $100. Drawings will begin the first week of August.
- 1,000 students will receive $100.
- Weekly drawings for 250 winners of $100 (August 4, 11, 18 and 25).
- Winners will have $100 credited to their student account once vaccine verification is provided.
How Students Can Participate
- Step One: Get vaccinated.
- Step Two: It doesn’t matter when you received the vaccine to be eligible. You have until July 31, 2021, to indicate in your daily online self-assessment you have received at least one dose. Think you already reported? Double check.
- Step Three: If you are selected as a winner, be ready to provide verification that you were vaccinated to claim the $100 credit.
How to get a COVID-19 vaccine
Walk-in opportunities and appointments are available at these clinics:
- West Michigan COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative
- Your local county health department
- Vaccine Finder for locations by zip code
- Meijer Pharmacy: Register or Walk-In
Many local and state organizations and businesses are offering giveaways at their COVID-19 vaccine clinics. For details, visit http://Michigan.gov/Vax2win.