Virus Action Team Update: Testing, self-assessment critical to successful semester
Regular testing of the Grand Valley community is a critical part of GVSU’s efforts to control the spread of COVID-19.
GVSU Surveillance Testing
- Weekly invitations will be sent to faculty and staff who are known to be working on campus at least one day per week.
- Weekly invitations will be sent to selected student groups, such as resident assistants, dining staff and student teachers.
- Students who have at least one on-campus course (traditional or hybrid) will be randomly selected for invitations.
- A set of residence halls and off-campus apartments will be chosen each week, and students living there will receive invitations.
- Individuals who have reported a positive test in the past three months, or are currently in quarantine, will not receive invitations.
COVID-19 & Vaccine Town Hall
Results from the Virus Action Team survey on COVID-19 and vaccines indicate many people are seeking more information about the vaccines. In response, GVSU will be hosting a virtual town hall with local health and medical experts to answer those questions.
- A COVID-19 & Vaccine Town Hall will be held February 23 from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Register for a link to the Zoom webinar.