Student Initiated Combined Degree Program
The Student Initiated Combined Degree program offers students a unique opportunity to combine undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet their personal, academic, and career goals. Working with faculty advisors, students can combine degrees from different disciplines and tailor their own student-centered and goal-driven educational experience. The Student Initiated Combined Degree program provides students with extraordinary educational freedom and flexibility while reducing the time required to complete both programs separately.
Why Pursue a Student Initiated Combined Degree?
- Respond to emerging job markets
- Increase your marketability in less time
- Save time and money by completing two degrees in less time
- Enjoy educational flexibility
- Meet your personal career goals
How to Apply
Students interested in the Student Initiated Combined Degree program must complete the following tasks:
1. Contact your undergraduate advisor and the program director of the graduate program to determine suitability.
2. Complete a Student Initiated Combined Degree Request Form and a plan of study.
3. Seek approval from your undergraduate faculty advisor, unit head of the undergraduate degree program, the Graduate Program Director, and the Dean of The Graduate School.
The Student Initiated Combined Degree program requirements follow the Bachelor/Graduate Combined Degree Policy and will include at a minimum:
1. Fulfilling the requirements for both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs
2. Completion of appropriate Responsible Conduct of Research training requirement
If you are interested in developing a Student Initiated Combined Degree program, contact your undergraduate advisor and the director of the graduate degree program as early as possible. You may also contact The Graduate School office for more information.
The Graduate School