Visit www.gvsu.edu/lakerstogether for more.
Unit Stability Overview
Unit Stability monitoring is intended to insure the health of the university by inviting faculty to observe and respond to trends in their unit.
The FSBC has been charged with examining instructional costs across units with a focus on long-term unit stability. This charge is increasingly more important as the university budget becomes more strained due to rising costs but steady (or slightly declining) enrollments and state appropriations.
In order to assure that the university remains vibrant, the FSBC is working to empower faculty in shared decision making that is focused on sustainable use of shared resources at the unit level. Specifically, the FSBC is working to facilitate long-term unit stability in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness of budget constraints;
- Conducting an Annual Examination of Unit Stability Metrics;
- Creating and reviewing Unit Stability Reports;
- Maintaining a robust suite of Monitored Metrics;
- Including a unit stability component to the Self-Study; and
- Providing increased scrutiny of New Program Reviews.