Boren Fellowships Deadline
Date and Time
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Boren Awards fund intensive, immersive language study in critical-need languages during study or research experiences abroad.
Are you interested in learning one of the less commonly taught languages? Are you committed to study-abroad in an intensive, immersive language program for a semester or a year? Curious about fellowship opportunities leading to a career focused on using your language skills in the intelligence and security fields within the US government (across many different agencies and departments, at home and abroad)? Consider the Boren Awards.
Language, Culture, and Service are the foundation of the Boren Awards.
- Languages that are supported by Boren include Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Portuguese, Swahili, and Turkish.
- Boren supports immersive study of cultures in world regions underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Boren Award recipients work in positions critical to U.S. national security throughout the Federal Government, including the Departments of State, Defense, Homeland Security, and USAID.
Fund research and language study proposals by U.S. graduate students in world regions critical to U.S. interests.
Maximum awards are determined by duration abroad (as of 2022):
- Up to $25,000 for 25-52 weeks (preferred)
- Up to $12,500 for 12-24 weeks
- + Up to $12,000 for domestic language study (optional)
For more information, please visit: http://www.borenawards.org/